Subfamily: Dioctriinae Diagnostic features
Prosternum dissociated by a membranous area for proepisternum.
Antenna as long as or longer than height of head, situated on a high tubercle
near the vertex. Antenna elongate, slender, with apical, spoon-shaped micro-segment enclosing a spine.
Small, delicate, asetose flies
Key to the South Korean Species of the Genus Dioctria Meigen
1. Postpronotal lobe (humeral callus) yellow . . . 2
- Postpronotal lobe black . . . 3
2. 1st antennal segment 2 times as long as segment 2; wings faintly spotted black medially . . . Dioctria humeralis eoa Lehr
- 1st antennal segment less than 2 times as long as segment 2; wing clearly black on basal half only . . . Dioctria vainsteini Lehr
3. Abdomen jet black, evenly covered with fine yellow hair; hind femur yellow . . . Dioctria keremza Richter
- Abdomen with pale yellow markings; hind femur with distinct, broad black band, apices yellow . . . Dioctria aestivis Esipenko